I realized that I never posted about finishing Emma's Rag Quilt that I started here and here. Once I got it all sewn together and cut the hems it looked like this:
It looked much better after washing it to frey the cuts.
Dan also discovered that the back is the right dimensions to be a checkerboard, so we played checkers using the halves of plastic Easter eggs.
One of my best friends is expecting a baby in the next few weeks so I made her a baby quilt also. I found a picture online of a quilt that I really liked and, being pretty good at math, I designed a pattern similar to it. It required a lot of different material so I bought a bunch of fat quarters.
FYI- Washing fat quarters is a pain in the neck. It turns into a giant wad in the dryer.
The quilt turned out great though. I cut all of the rectangles and sewed them into squares before vacation and I packed them when I went to visit my sister. I finished the quilt top and quilted it in Utah. I really like the zigzag quilting.
I did the binding when I got back home. I loved hand sewing the binding. It was nice to be able to do it in the living room with Dan and Liam around rather than behind my sewing machine. I think it turned out beautiful and my friend seemed to really like it.