Thursday, May 19, 2011

Nap Time Crafting: 128 squares & a throw pillow


Cutting 128 5in squares took a long time. An entire season of Survivor: Redemption Island plus 2 episodes of Grey's Anatomy to be exact. I still have to cut another 64 4in squares of batting before I can begin sewing the quilt. I will probably cut a few and sew them instead of doing all of the cutting at one time.

The monotony of cutting squares really got to me. I decided to take a break and work on something else after I finished the fleece squares.


That's right! I finally sewed a throw pillow for my living room. The fabric is "minky" and so soft and cozy. I had a little trouble with the zipper at first. I really shouldn't have tried to piece it at night. .


Ripping the seam out caused it to be a little wonky, but I am still very proud of it. I have 2 other fabrics that I want to turn into throw pillows, but I need to buy some more pillow forms before I tackle them

No comments:

Post a Comment