Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Week 19

I didn't write last week (sweet potato). It was a really bad week. More on that later.

19 Weeks Pregnant
Weight: 112.6 (up 7.6lbs from starting weight)

Symptoms: acne, braxton hicks contractions, back aches

How I am Feeling: much better

Best Thing about Pregnancy: I am feeling the baby move more and more often and I love it so much.

Worst Thing about Pregnancy: I'm getting so big and uncomfortable.

What I am Looking Forward to this Week: Reading about fatherhood with Dan. 



There was an unfortunate incident last week at work that resulted in me quitting my job today. I will probably continue working for a few weeks, but it was a bad week. I was also sick last Monday. I vomited a substantial  amount of blood, so I went to the doctor. Everything ended up being okay, but it was another stress to an already bad week. 


This week has been much better so far. Dan and I had a chat about the stresses in our lives. Quitting my job should help with that. 


Week 19: Mango
Vernix caseosa, a greasy white substance made of lanugo, oil and dead skin cells (yum) now coats baby's skin, shielding it from the amniotic fluid. (Picture yourself after a nine-month bath, and the need for protection makes sense.) You might actually get to see the vernix at birth, especially if baby is premature.

No comments:

Post a Comment