Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Week 21

21 Weeks Pregnant



Weight: 115.0 (+10 lbs)



Symptoms: round ligament pain, peeing all of the time, forgetfulness


How I am Feeling:  I am pretty happy with the pregnancy this week. 


Best Thing about Pregnancy: I am feeling the baby move all of the time now. It's pretty much the coolest thing ever. 


Worst Thing about Pregnancy: The frequency that I have to pee is getting ridiculous. 


What I am Looking Forward to this Week: Friday will be my last day of work and that is very exciting. 




On Sunday night, the baby was moving around and Dan felt a kick from the outside for the first time. He was surprised at how strong the kick was. I got a little teary because it was really amazing to share those movements with Dan. 


The anatomy sonogram was on Monday. The baby was in a funny position and I was disappointed with the pictures.  I asked the technician to not show us the sex, so that was really great. The body parts looked great and there are no signs of defects. We could see the hemispheres of the brain, all of the vertebrae on the spine, the 4 chambers of the heart, the lungs, the stomach and the kidneys. We also counted 10 fingers and 10 toes. 


Week 21: Banana
 Baby gulps down several ounces of amniotic fluid every day, both for hydration and nutrition and to practice swallowing and digesting. And, these days, those taste buds actually work! Studies show that after birth, babies are most interested in tastes they've already experienced through amniotic fluid. Meaning, think about what you want your future child to eat as you prepare your own lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment