Thursday, June 24, 2010

Week 22

22 Weeks Pregnant

Weight: 115.4 (+10.4lbs from starting weight, +0.4lbs from last week)

Symptoms: heartburn, acne, itchy belly, leaky breasts (gross)

How I am Feeling: I am still feeling great. It's such a complete change from how I felt the first 16 weeks or so.

Best Thing about Pregnancy: Dan and I have started seeing my belly moving from the outside. It's weird and awesome at the same time.

Worst Thing about Pregnancy: I woke up on Monday morning with two wet spots on my shirt. Just great. My midwife said it was on the early side of normal, but not completely unusual.

What I am Looking Forward to This Week: We are leaving on Friday to spend the weekend in Atlanta. My niece is getting baptized. Dan really needs a trip and I love going out of town and being away from the usual.

This is also my first week of not working. It has been a little difficult to keep busy, but I am trying. There are so many things that I want to get done, but it still seems too early to do much shopping for the baby. That hasn't stopped me from ordering a few cloth diapers this week. I am so determined to make cloth diapers work for us for the environmental, health and financial benefits. Plus, everyone says that I won't be able to follow through with it, which makes me determined to prove them wrong.

This is the end of weekly fruit sizes, monthly from here on out. Sad.

Weeks 22- 26 (Month 5): Papaya
Watch what you say -- baby is now able to hear outside noise from down in the womb. Studies show that baby finds gentle music and your own voice most soothing. Nipples are starting to sprout, and that little face is fully formed. And, baby's starting to settle into sleep cycles, snoozing about 12 to 14 hours a day. It shouldn't be hard to figure out when -- just pay attention to those kicks as they start and stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment