Friday, January 21, 2011

Photography Friday: Old Friends



The Stats: 

  • Nikon D70
  • Sigma 18-55mm lens
  • SB-600 speedlight at +0.7 pointed toward the ceiling
  • 1/500 sec exposure
  • f/5.3
  • ISO 200
  • 40mm focal length


The Process: White balance correction, increase in exposure and conversion to JGP done with Raw Shooter Essentials.

The Story: The father in this family is one of my husband's oldest friends. They have know each other since they were 6 years old and have been friends ever since. Their son is a few months older than ours. As they are getting ready to move out of state, we had them over for dinner and took a few photos together.

The Highlights: Such a cute face! I love it.

The Lowlights: I am still learning how to use my flash. It doesn't seem to work consistently. I need to read the manual. The photo I took before this one was exposed correctly. This one was underexposed and I had to make some pretty drastic corrections from the RAW file.

The Outtake: Their son and Liam were fascinated with each other. Liam was chilling in his bouncy seat and their son chewed on the bouncy seat tag and tickled Liam's feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment