Friday, January 28, 2011

Photography Friday: 3 month photos

Click me for full sized photo
The Stats: 
Nikon D70
Sigma 18-55mm lens
SB-600 speedlight at +1.0 pointed toward the ceiling
1/500 sec exposure
f/5.6
ISO 200
31mm focal length

The Process: Adjusted white balance and converted to JPG using RAW Shooter Essentials.

The Story: Liam is 3 months old! He's getting to be such a big boy. He was actually sitting up in this photo (as opposed to last month when he was actually in motion falling over.) I have named his cow for him. It's La Vaca.

The Highlights: I learned from his last photo shoot. I put the camera on the tripod. After I focused, I moved my face to the side so that he could see me. This resulted in a big smile. Success!

The Lowlights: I should have paid a little closer attention and cropped or edited out the electrical socket in the lower left. (I bet you didn't even notice it until reading this. I didn't notice it until I set this photo as the background on my desktop.)


The Outtake: 
Liam is a kung fu staring contest ninja. I call him "panda bear." (If none of that made sense, you haven't seen the trailer for Kung Fu Panda 2.) Here he is practicing his skills with his La Vaca.

No comments:

Post a Comment