Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Recipe: Key Lime Pie

 Key Lime Pie
(adapted from Key Lime Pie VII recipe from allrecipes.com)

Dan's Rating: 8 or 9 (because Key Lime Pie is one of his least favorite desserts)

9 inch graham cracker pie crust
2 14oz cans of sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup of sour cream
3/4 cup key lime juice
whipped cream

Others who tried the same recipe said that it took 20+ key limes to make 3/4 cup of juice. I must be an efficient juicer because it only took me 14 key limes.

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Combine sweetened condensed milk, sour cream and lime juice. Pour into graham cracker pie crust.
Bake for 5 to 8 minutes (took me 6 minutes) until tiny bubbles appear on the surface. Do not brown. Chill pie before serving. Top with whipped cream. I made whipped cream from scratch using heaving whipping cream, vanilla and powdered sugar. I also used Wilton tip #21 to make the whipped cream design.

No comments:

Post a Comment