Thursday, October 7, 2010

37 Weeks Pregnant

Full term!

Weight: 130.2 (+25.2 from starting weight, +0 from last week)

Symptoms: itchy belly, heartburn, back ache, braxton hicks contractions, sciatic nerve pain

How I am Feeling: I'm doing okay. My itchy belly is slowly driving me insane. I've been really tired and my sleep patterns are very irregular. Some nights I sleep for 10 hour and feel good the next day. Some nights I sleep for 4 hours and catnap all day. 

Best Thing about Pregnancy: I love Dan. He's so good to me. I've been really needy the last few weeks and he's okay with that. He rubs my back at least twice a day and usually rubs my feet at night to help me relax and get to sleep. He also loves the phrases "full term" and "any day now." His excitement for this new chapter in our lives in infectious and I am so excited for him to become a father. 

Worst Thing about Pregnancy:  I've spent the last 9 months learning how to be pregnant and have neglected learning what to do when the baby is born. The last few weeks I have read a few books on basic newborn and infant care, but will that really prepare me to bring home this tiny person? I guess I don't have any choice, do I?


Month 9: Watermelon


At week 37, your pregnancy is considered full term, meaning baby is likely to thrive after birth. Baby spends these last weeks in preparation for the outside world… meaning careful refinement of the blink, suck, inhale and exhale. Meconium, which you’ll probably find in the first diaper, is accumulating in the intestines. If (okay, as) you worry about giving birth, consider what it’s like for the little one. During the journey out of your womb, baby will produce more stress hormones than any other time in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment