Sunday, July 20, 2014

Training Day 4

I'm either a masochist or a complete idiot.

Maybe a little bit of both.

I waited until late in the evening to run again. After dinner. Right after dinner. Right after a dinner of pizza and soda.

I seriously thought that I was going to throw up.

As a fortunate consequence, I was seriously motivated to just get through the run. I deviated from the training plan that I am using again. I ran a total of 5 minutes and walked 8 minutes of rest in between the minute long runs. I also ran a figure eight around my house to avoid going up and down the hill, in all 1.08 miles.

For those at home keeping score, that's a pathetic 12:02 pace.

On the other hand, it was a beautiful day. I had debated the night before whether or not I was going to go to the gym, something I would normally avoid on a Sunday in order to keep the Sabbath. It was an easy decision when I woke to gorgeous weather. It was dusk when I ran, slightly cloudy and slightly breezy. A picturesque Oregon evening.

I bet my Florida friends and family would be green with envy!

I'm off to Redwood National Park for a few days tomorrow. I figured out how to blog from my phone, but no promises. I'm going to try to keep exercising, that is to what I want you to hold me.

'Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment