Monday, April 2, 2012

Garden Update

Review how I built the DIY garden boxes (Earthbox) here and here.

I love my little patio garden. It is really starting to take off. My tomato plant got so big that I had to cage it.



The cucumber plants are doing well, too. I pulled one up that was struggling a bit, but I definitely planted too many in the box. They are starting to get the curly little tendrils so I need to figure out some kind of trellis system.


The zucchini squash has also blossomed. Zucchini blossoms are either male or female and have to be hand pollinated since bees and butterflies cannot get inside of my patio. So far all 3 blossoms are male and won't produce squash.


The spinach plants were getting enough leaves that I was able to harvest them for Dan and I to have a salad.
Before
After

I love The Pioneer Woman's Spinach Salad. Dan claimed all of the mushrooms, so mine didn't have any.  I've made this salad before, but it was even better with garden fresh spinach.

No comments:

Post a Comment