Saturday, March 31, 2012

It's been 1 week

Did you miss me? Our family did a media fast last week. We turned off the tv, computers and video games. I thought that our family was too plugged in and that we needed to reset ourselves. Too many nights, we are tired and just veg in front of the tv or computer screens and don't spend enough quality time together. I don't know about Dan, but Liam and I had a great week. It helped that our county was on spring break, so we were invited to go lots of places with friends.

1 week without tv? Oh no!

This is what we did.

On Saturday morning, Dan, Liam and I went to the zoo. They have a new dinosaur exhibit. It's really cute.


I kept trying to get Liam to look at me for a picture, but 500 million years of evolution told him that he shouldn't turn his back on a dinosaur.


They had a really cute fossil excavation sand box.



Liam really likes to feed the deer, too. He does it almost every time we go. (Ignore me talking to a stranger. I am right next to the mic and, therefore, loud.)


Liam and I also returned to the zoo on Monday to go with some of our friends from playgroup.

On Thursday, I took Liam to the beach for the first time this year. The last time we went to the beach, he was hardly crawling and was perfectly happy to sit in an inflatable pool on the shore. Not so much this time. He could not get enough of the water. I had to hold him back from going too deep. When big waves knocked him off of his feet, he swung on my hands and said, "wee!" He liked digging in the sand.



I love baby toes in the sand.


I discovered some of Liam's new talents this week. He is getting pretty good with fine motor skills.

What is that? It's my headphones plugged into a phone jack and the reason all of our electrical outlets are covered.


I also discovered that Liam has expanded his climbing abilities. I was trying to sew in the dining room while he played on the patio. When it got too quiet outside I went to investigate and found Liam on the patio table watering the peppermint plant.


And smelling it.

Of course I can't sew with him in the house either, that's why it's called "nap time crafting."


I did manage to finish a quilt top and back last week. I started hand quilting it today. I think I bit off more than I can chew so to speak. It is going to be a lot of work and take forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment