Friday, March 25, 2011

Fluffy Mail!

cottonbabies.com was having a sale on Bum Genius 4.0 pocket diapers last week. These are my favorites, so I couldn't resist getting a few more. Since I was ordering anyway, I got a few other things as well.

5 Hemp Babies inserts
4 Bum Genius 4.0 pocket diapers in snaps (clementine, twilight, ribbit and moonbeam)
2 Bum Genius All-in-One medium diapers in hook & loop (clementine and moonbeam)

Liam isn't sleeping as long at night as he use to, but hemp really makes a great insert for his pocket diapers. They are just as absorbent as the microfiber inserts that come standard with the pocket diapers but are less than half the thickness. I currently put 2 inserts into Liam's pocket diapers at night, so using hemp inserts makes the diapers much less bulky. 

I love Bum Genius pocket diapers. They fit Liam really well and are the best for overnight. I am glad to have a few more so that I can use them during the day if I want instead of hoarding them for nighttime. They supposedly make great swim diapers went left unstuffed (as in without inserts) but I haven't taken the little dude to the pool yet. I'll let you know how that works out. 

I was a little surprised when I received the Bum Genius All-in-One diapers. I already had 1 Bum Genius Elemental, which is their organic cotton version of the one piece diaper. I thought that the regular All-in-One diapers would be the same, just made out of slightly different cotton. I was wrong and should have looked at the diagram on the Cotton Babies website. Bum Genius All-in-Ones are just like pocket diapers except the microfiber insert is sewn in. I suppose it makes it easier for babysitters but it takes a lot longer to dry. The pocket isn't sewn shut, so you can add additional inserts if you have a very heavy wetter or a baby who sleeps really well. These are the first Bum Genius sized diapers that I have purchased. They are mediums and should fit Liam from 15 to 22 pounds. The sized diapers are being discontinued and are fairly inexpensive at $9.95 each. 

No comments:

Post a Comment