Sunday, August 10, 2014

Training Days 12-15

Day 12
Biking and swimming today. My biking training is still a 30 minute "easy bike ride around the neighborhood or trails." Except I did mine on the stationary bike in the gym. 5.63 miles. Eight 50 yard laps with 30 seconds of rest in between followed. I completed this in about 12 minutes. I was really beat by the time this day was over because I also hiked a few trails in the Columbia Gorge with my mom and my kids and took a walk around the neighborhood with them in the evening.
Blowing (eating?) dandelions on our hike. 


Rosie made a friend on our walk.

Day 13
2.19 miles in 30 minutes on the treadmill on Wednesday. I slept terribly that night- both kids were up and I was worried about my mom leaving early in the morning. I was tired, so I went back to day 25 of the triathlon training program.

Day 14
I was in a hurry to get to playgroup Thursday morning, so I just did my swim at the gym. 50 yard warm up, three 75 yard intervals with 30 seconds of rest in between, 50 yard lap to cool down. 11 minutes and 30 seconds.

Thursday was wonderful. I got a sitter for the kids in the afternoon and went to the spa to get a massage and my very first facial. It was heavenly to treat my tired, achy body.

After putting the kids to bed, I dragged out my stationary bike and did 30 minutes on it in front of the tv in the living room.

I took Friday off as a recovery day. I thought that a recovery day would be a good idea after a massage since I'm supposed to take one day off every week anyway.

Day 15
Dan was away at a conference this week and the childcare at the gym doesn't open until 8AM, so I didn't get to make it to my usual 7:30 yoga class. I still went to use the treadmill. 2.05 miles in 30 minutes.

Dan was supposed to get home on Sunday afternoon, so I had planned to go to the gym to swim after he got home. By the time I found out that his flight was cancelled, the childcare at the gym had already closed, so I didn't get my workout in today. Oh well, I got to hang out with my munchkins instead. We played chase and I lifted them and tossed them on the couch a few dozen times, does that count as a workout?




No comments:

Post a Comment