Sunday, October 21, 2012

'Tis the Season

It's not quite time for Christmas music or Evergreen trees, but October is the official start of my busy season. Over the next few months I have: Liam's birthday, Halloween, Liam's birthday party, a mini-road trip, in-laws in town, Thanksgiving, our 6th wedding anniversary, my family coming to town, Christmas, a baby shower, New Years, a 2nd baby shower. By the time all of that is done, I will have reached my due date. Keeping so busy, I know it's going to be here before I know it.

I started planning for Liam's birthday party a few weeks ago. We are not having a huge party like last year, just family and my very best friends whose kids are around Liam's age. I think it will still be fun though. I love how the invitations turned out. I used the print and cut feature and pop up dots for the car, airplane and banner to give it dimension.


Liam has been quite the toddler lately. One moment he is the funniest, sweetest kid. A minute later he is having an absolute meltdown because I took the lid off of the yogurt instead of letting him. "My do it" is one of those phrases I hear all the time: brushing his teeth, buckling the car seat, cooking, brushing my teeth. It's right up there with "I help Mama" of phrases that I don't like to hear.

Can I brag? Liam says "thank you" without me prompting him, even to strangers. It's awesome. He has also started to say "bless you" and "please." His please is so cute that I can't resist it. I'm sure he'll eventually figure out that he can get anything he wants by using it and it will lose its charm.

We're still struggling with his eating a sleeping. This video was shot around 10:30 sometime last week. Most nights are like this:


I love my crazy boy!


No comments:

Post a Comment