Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Nap Time Crafting: Pinwheel Quilt

One of my best friends just had a baby girl. After our group of friends had 4 boys in a row, it was really exciting to sew for a girl. I started on this quilt a long time ago, but morning sickness and exhaustion turned my "Nap Time Crafting" into "Nap While Liam Naps." I finally finished this quilt a few weeks ago and gave it to my friend this past weekend.



I used Sew, Mama, Sew!'s Pinwheels in the Park pattern. Her suggestion for taping down the backing was a great idea.




I was going to do a simpler quilt, but I am really glad that Dan talked me into the more complicated, but much more beautiful quilt. I strayed from the pattern just a bit and did a scrappy binding. I love scrappy bindings.



No comments:

Post a Comment