Sunday, February 5, 2012

Bathroom Makeover

As part of my 2012 goal to get my house painted, I spent a couple weekend in January redecorating the hall bathroom. It's one of those rooms that had never been painted and was looking builder-basic-blah when I started. 

I have a toddler that likes to unroll toilet paper, hence the toilet paper on the counter.
I am really proud of this room. I did about 95% of the work by myself, including taking the tank off of the toilet and putting it back on. The only thing that Dan did was cutting the beadboard and trim with his table saw.




I love it. I thought that the aqua might be too bold, but the beadboard helps to tone it down enough. I still need to figure out storage over the toilet. I've got a few ideas in mind, but I haven't decided yet. I'm also planning on adding an orange chevron pattern to the bottom of the shower curtain. I've got the materials, I just need the time and will power to do it. I also might frame the mirror and refinish the light fixture in the future, but those are pretty low on my to do list.


Liam was a big help with this project. He has his own mini paint roller. He watched me nail the beadboard to the wall and now thinks he has to hit the wall with whatever he has in his hand when he goes into the bathroom. Monkey see, monkey do.

No comments:

Post a Comment