Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Week 29

29 Weeks Pregnant

Weight: 124.2 (+19.2 from starting weight, +0.6 from last week)

Symptoms: braxton hicks contractions, tired, acne, burping, heartburn

How I am Feeling: I'm still feeling pretty good most of the time. I've had a couple of contractions that make me have to sit down and take it easy. 

Best Thing about Pregnancy: The little one has been moving a lot lately. It's really neat to feel all of the kicks and jabs and see them from the outside of my belly also. 

Worst Thing about Pregnancy: I am getting so excited to finally meet my baby. I can't believe I only have 11 weeks to go. It seems like the pregnancy as flown by, but at the same time isn't going by fast enough. 


I am also very excited for my baby shower this weekend that my mom and sister are throwing me. I have been pretty involved in the planning process, so I know it is going to be very nice. During the shower, Dan is going to play golf with my dad and uncle. That also makes me very happy. 


Even with all of the excitement, Dan and I have had to make some rather morbid choices. We are in the process of getting our life insurance and will plan together before the baby is born. While it is hard to think and discuss what would happen if we should both pass away, we want the very best for our baby and want to make sure that s/he is well taken care of. 


Weeks 29- 32 (Month 7)
Baby’s energy is surging, thanks to the formation of white fat deposits beneath the skin. (Have those kicks and jabs to the ribs tipped you off yet?) Baby is also settling into sleep and waking cycles, though -- as you’ve also probably noticed -- they don’t necessarily coincide with your own. Also this month, all five senses are finally functional, and the brain and nervous system are going through major developments.

No comments:

Post a Comment