Wednesday, April 21, 2010

13 Weeks Pregnant

13 Weeks Pregnant


Weight: +2.8 lbs from starting weight (107.8)

Symptoms: nausea, still throwing up most mornings, acne, tired, very uncomfortable all the time

How I am Feeling: Tired

Best Thing about Pregnancy: I publicly announced the pregnancy on facebook last week. It was really nice to have so many people happy and excited for us.

Worst Thing about Pregnancy: I am starting to get very uncomfortable. Sitting down, lying down, standing up- I never feel great. I bought a huge maternity pillow and it has helped me get sleep a little.

What I am Looking Forward to this Week: In 3 more days, I will officially be in the 2nd trimester. I am so excited to put the first behind me and be 1/3 of the way to having a baby. Everyone says that the 2nd trimester is so much better than the first. I hope this is true!

I forgot to mention some things about the ultrasound last week. Even though Dan didn’t make it, my mom came with me. It was such a great bonding moment between us and I can tell that she is starting to get excited about her first grandchild. Also, the baby was lying with its hand on its forehead. I like to sleep the same way when I sleep on my back. It was really cute to see. The technician pressed on my belly to try to get the baby to move its hand so we could see the face a bit better, so the baby rolled over so we could only see its back. That must be Dan’s genes: stubborn when woken up from a nap.

Week 13: Peach


Your fetus is forming teeth and vocal cords... savor this, their non-functional phase. Baby is approaching normal proportions, with a head now only one third the size of the body. Intestines are in the process of moving from the umbilical cord to baby's tummy. (Much more convenient.)

No comments:

Post a Comment