Sunday, January 25, 2015

An Update

"I acknowledge that a Multi-Sport Event is an extreme test of a person’s physical and mental limits and carries with it the potential for death, series injury, and property loss. I HEREBY ASSUME THE RISKS OF PARTICIPATING IN THIS EVENT. I certify that I am capable of completing all disciplines of the event, and that I am physically fit and that I have sufficiently trained."

Well, maybe not sufficiently trained yet. But I still check 'I agree" and registered for the Olympic Distance Triathlon! Eek! 

I've been training slow and steady. I took a weekend off for my ski trip, which was both awesome and painful, and I've had a chest cold that's kept me on my butt for 5 days and counting. But I've passed the time by scouting out bikes and clip-less pedals/biking shoes to buy for my birthday and I joined a local triathlon club. 

The kids are growing like weeds. They love to take family bike rides and watch Spiderman cartoons. I found Liam having a solo tea party in the play room before bedtime. He told me, "Tea parties are only for big boys." Not quite, dude. Rosie loves to color and is talking so much. On the way home from our ski trip, we picked up some burgers. A few minutes later, Rosie said, "It came apart! Oh goodness, momma!" I love these crazy kiddos. 


The aftermath of my attempt to ski.










No comments:

Post a Comment