Friday, September 19, 2014

It just got real.


I have been a ball of nerves and excitement ever since I picked up my race shirt on Thursday night. It's real. This is happening!

I had some nice "easy" workouts this week. I swam, biked and ran on Tuesday and Thursday. My Thursday workout was actually kid of crazy. I biked 2.5 miles, took a 5 minute break, then went out for a mile run. I was already warmed up from my bike ride, so my goal was to do my mile in 10 minutes, the pace I am aiming for on the 5k portion. I did it in 8 minutes! That is crazy fast for me. Too fast. I probably shouldn't have run so fast on race week.

I have to remember to chill out and not exhaust myself on the swim or bike portions tomorrow. I have to believe in myself and not let my mind talk me out of a good run.

No comments:

Post a Comment