Wednesday, September 26, 2012

"Happier at Home"


I just finished Gretchen Rubin's Happier at Home and I loved it. I had heard of her blog and first book The Happiness Project but had never checked them out. I wish I had a long time ago!

I think that we have quite a bit in common and that I could benefit from replicating some of her ideas. I, too, am an "underbuyer" whose life would be happier and a lot easier if I would just buy the things that I want instead of pinching pennies all of the time.

I'm going to get started on my own mini-version of a happiness project. Her project encompassed the months while her young children were in school. I think that the next 4 months would be ideal for me since Baby Girl will be joining us in February.

October would be the perfect month to focus on Liam. He turns 2 years old exactly one month from today. His life is flying before my eyes! I feel like I am lazy with him sometimes, especially the last week or so when neither of us have been feeling very good. We sometimes do the same activities for days without doing anything new or even leaving the house. I think we would both be happier if we did something new or especially fun or went somewhere every day. So here are my resolutions for the month of October to make myself happier with regard to Liam:


  • Do something new or especially fun or go somewhere every day
  • Get Liam's room in order 
  • Sort through his baby clothes
  • Do a birthday photo shoot 

Hopefully the shoot will go better than last year: 

No comments:

Post a Comment