Thursday, September 13, 2012

Fun at Home

This summer, like all the Florida summers before it, has been so hot. Couple that with pregnancy hot flashes and Mama doesn't want to go outside. There are only so many times we can go to the library, so I've had to get creative to keep Liam entertained at home.

I've set up random scrap boards in the living room as tracks for his cars, but the ironing board was handy this day.

As I'm sure you can imagine, it didn't take long for Liam to start sliding down, too.


And then some silly combination of the two.

Liam is at an age where he wants to do everything that Dan and I do, though he's around me more often. Dan is less than thrilled that Liam likes to put on makeup and do his hair.




Liam loves to play hide-and-seek. He doesn't really understand it yet, so it's more like chase than anything else. Here he is hiding:



One day, when Liam was hiding behind the couch, Dan called him sneaky. Liam thought that was hilarious and says it often. I moved the couch away from the wall a bit so that he could "climb in the tunnel." Then he was even more sneaky:



Then he figured out how to climb on the back of the couch:

Sorry for the red cast, but I don't care enough to fix it. 
 He likes to "surprise me when I'm sitting on the couch.


I love this smile so much.

Liam is looking over my shoulder as I write and saying "Sneaky Liam in Couch!" He's getting quite the vocabulary, is very cleaver at putting words together and is curious about words. He asks "What's that?" or "Name?" dozens of times a day. He is still a toddler though and often I have to remind him to use words to tell me what he wants instead of whining at me.

We are trying to talk about the new baby often, but I know he won't be able to grasp the idea. He knows "baby sister in belly" and that the room next to his is "new baby room." A few days ago, he gave my belly kisses and said "baby sister come out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment