Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Nap Time Crafting: Super Hero Quilt

My mom says that I haven't blogged enough lately, and she is right. I've been really busy recovering from our vacation, throwing a baby shower, finishing a quilt and caring for a sick toddler. I did manage to finish the quilt to give to my friend for her baby shower. I loved how it turned out.



In addition to hand quilting for the first time, I also did a scrappy binding. It is now my favorite binding.


As soon as Mallory opened it, Liam had to investigate. He thinks it's his quilt, he loved to get on it when I was trying to sew. 



Such a stinker. Funny story. I had all of the blocks laid out and arranged on the guest bed. I didn't know at the time that Liam had figured out how to get up there until I discovered him rolling in the quilt blocks. It took me forever to get them reorganized.



I used Obsessively Stitching's "First Quilt Ever" tutorial. I think the pattern is usually called a disappearing 9 patch. 

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic!! I love how it turned out -- you'll have to make one for your own little one now! ;oD

    ReplyDelete