Friday, August 26, 2011

10 months

I swear that this is the first of many posts. I took a vacation from blogging while I was on vacation. 

Liam is 10 months old today! I can't believe he is such a big boy. He jabbers "ba da ma na." He mimics sounds that you make in his own language. He can stand up on his own for a few seconds. He plays peek-a-boo by squatting behind the ottoman and pulling himself up. He can toss balls and blocks, give high fives and kisses and understands "come here." 

He had a check up with the pediatrician today. She is a little concerned that he hasn't gained any weight since his last appointment 6 weeks ago. I took him to the lab to get blood drawn to test for anemia. It really sucked to hold him while the nurses took blood, but he stopped crying as soon as they finished and I started feeding him. His pediatrician also suggested that I feed him as much milk as possible and not worry so much about solids or finger foods. She also suggested giving him a sippy cup of formula (mixed with fruit to help the taste.) Liam isn't so crazy about his "formula smoothie"  so far. 

In other news, the pediatrician gave me the okay to add milk and soy back to my diet. I am drinking a chocolate milk as I type and there is a cheese pizza in the oven! 



No comments:

Post a Comment