Tuesday, December 21, 2010

8 Weeks

Liam is 8 weeks old today. He weighs 12.4 pounds and is adorable. In the last few days, he has discovered that he can control his hands. He chews on them constantly and can whack the toys that hang above his play mat. (He can also reach out to me when I get close to his face.) He loves to be sang and talked to, especially during diaper changes and when he wakes up in his crib. He is very social and will smile at anyone who talks to and smiles at him. He is still fascinated by lights.

We are still struggling with his sleep. Lately he has been going to be for the night later and later. We are pretty consistent about his bedtime routine between 8 and 9pm but he won't sleep for more than 20 minutes until midnight. After he does go to bed, he'll sleep 3 to 4 hours at a time until noon the next day. Often, he will be up for 2 or 3 hours in the middle of the night. That is the most frustrating part. My mom bought him the Sound Spa projector. That worked great the first night, but not since. I read that babies often have trouble sleeping when they reach a milestone, so him finding his hands my have him too excited to sleep. I hope he gets better about sleeping soon.

Me? I've got 3.2 pounds of pregnancy weight left, though my belly is flabby. My linea nigra is starting to rub off.

No comments:

Post a Comment