Tuesday, December 7, 2010

6 week update

So Liam is 6 weeks old today. He really is wonderful and I love being his momma most of the time. He is getting big so fast and I am trying hard to enjoy all of the little moments.

Liam:
Weight: about 10.5 lbs
Sleeping: very inconsistent. There have been a few times he has slept 5 or 6 hours straight. Other nights, he will wake up after 2.5 hours. The hardest part is when he is up for 2 hours in the middle of the night.

Liam is social smiling now, which I love! He's pretty good at holding his head up. He likes looking at lights, riding in the car/stroller and getting baths.

Julia:
Weight: 109.6 lbs (4.6 lbs above pre-pregnancy weight)

My body is still out of whack. My wedding rings fit again, but all of my shoes are too small. My hips are still too big for most of my jeans and I have extra flabby skin on my belly. My linea nigra is still as dark as ever. I was so sick last week. It was really hard to take care of Liam. I couldn't have made it through the week without Dan staying home to help me.

Dan is a really good dad. He loves holding and playing with Liam. He's getting pretty good at diaper changes. Sometimes he forgets to "troubleshoot" Liam when he cries, but he's doing a great job.

No comments:

Post a Comment