Monday, October 3, 2011

Nap Time Crafting: Trick-or-Treat bags

Have you read the children's book If You Give a Moose a Muffin? It is a pretty accurate description of how my minds works. Since Liam's birthday is so close to Halloween, he is going to have a Halloween themed birthday party this year. I decided to make trick-or-treat bags as favors for his little friends. Then I decided that it would be even nicer if I could put the kids' names on their bags. Then I let my crafty friends talk me into sewing the names on instead of just using heat-n-bond. This doubled the time that it takes for me to make the simple tote bags, but they are adorable.

I used this tutorial to make a small tote bag. I found some really cute fabric.
This fabric is for the bags for the girls. 
I made a test bag to see how long it would take and how difficult it is before I started adding the names. This will be an extra for anyone who shows up without RSVPing.


Cute right? Even cuter with a name on it.


I really liked this project, though I hate making the handles because it requires so much ironing. I was able to get quite a bit done since we had a houseful of teenage boys playing Rock Band and Liam was fascinated with them and their game.

Hopefully I will be able to finish all of the bags before the party. Plus I am going to try to make Liam's Halloween costume and a bunch of decorations. I better quit blogging and get back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment