Friday, January 14, 2011

Photography Friday: Liam & Momma

















The Stats: 

  • Nikon D70
  • Sigma 18-55mm lens
  • Nikon SB-600 speedlight
  • 1/160 second exposure
  • f/5.0
  • ISO 200
  • 26mm focal length
  • Natural light through window to the right
  • Speedlight at +1.0 pointed toward the ceiling

The Process:  Converted from RAW to JPG, corrected white balance and slightly increased exposure using RawShooter Essentials. Cropped, decreased red saturation, adjusted levels and fixed the bags under my eyes using Gimp.

The Story: So obviously I didn't take this picture in the traditional sense. I set the camera, Dan pushed the button and I processed it. I am the photographer in the family, so I have tons of cute pictures of Liam with Dan. The only ones I have with me and Liam are from the hospital and I am looking pretty rough. Anyway, on Sunday we got ready for church and I had Dan take a couple pictures of me and Liam together.

The Highlights: I love having a nice photo of me and Liam. I should take more.

The Lowlights: Dan isn't very patient these days and we were trying to get to church on time, so he only took 5 pictures. That isn't really enough for a slightly fussy baby. I wish we could have gotten a nicer expression on Liam's face. I would have also liked another pose to show off my I've-lost-all-of-the-baby-weight body.

The Outtake: These are the types of moments I catch as the family photographer. Liam and Dan enjoy a meal of chicken (Dan) and fists (Liam). I love these guys. (Please disregard the messy house. I have a 2 month old, what do you expect?)

No comments:

Post a Comment